There is a oneness of all life. We at Animal Ashram have a profound love of nature, animals, humans and of all life-forms. We believe that animals are not ours to eat, experiment on, to be used for entertainment, to be killed for their fur and skin or be exploited or abused in any way. All animals suffer pain as well as fear and experience a range of emotions and feelings. They all have unique personalities and should be respected as the individuals they indeed are.
What We've Achieved
- In 2016 Animal Ashram raised funds through fundraisers and gathered supplies for the ACC.
- Animal Care Centers of NYC (ACC) is one of the largest animal welfare organizations in the country, taking in more than 35,000 animals each year. They are different from other rescue organizations because they never turn away any homeless, abandoned, injured or sick animal in need, including cats, dogs, rabbits, small mammals, reptiles, birds, farm animals and wildlife.
- ACC is the only 501(c)(3) nonprofit in NYC with this unique responsibility.
How You Can Help
- Go Vegan. Stop eating animals. It’s easy, tasty and fun to eat compassionately. Educate yourself on the horrors of factory farms. Click here to learn more.
- Buy only household products and cosmetics that are not tested on animals, do not contain animal ingredients and are environmentally safe. Click here for a list of who does and does not test on animals.
- Support alternatives to vivisection (animal experimentation). Use computer programs rather than dissection, support high speed computer analysis and human tissue culture, buy dog and cat food only tested in private homes. Click here for more information about vivisection.
- Adopt. Don’t buy animals from breeders or pet stores. Educate yourself on the horrors of the puppy mill industry. Click here to learn more.
- Volunteer at a humane shelter or at an animal rights group such as Last Chance for Animals, Peta or Peta2. If you can not donate your time, please donate some of your income. It does not have to be a lot to make a difference.
- Make sure to spay or neuter your dog or cat. Millions of homeless animals are killed every year because of over-population. Click here for more information.
- Support only charities who help people and don't hurt animals. Click here to find out if your favorite charity uses animals for horrid experiments.
- Embrace a fur and skin free wardrobe. Avoid killing animals for vanity.
"The soul is the same in all living creatures, although the body of each is different."